Sunday, May 10, 2009

Submarines


Those of you who know me are aware that I write extensively about submarines, and especially World War II submarines. In fact, I just spent most of the weekend working on my next book, the story of an amazing incident aboard USS Billfish...a 15-hour depth charge attack that brought out the best and worst in her crew...and a story that was not told outside the hull of Billfish for 60 years!


At any rate, there is a very good story in today's Cleveland News Herald that anyone with an interest in WWII history and/or submarines may enjoy. It is about the USS Cod, one of the museum ships that have been restored and opened to the public. I wrote about it and her 16 WWII sisters in my book Final Patrol. Thanks to my ham radio buddy, Fritz, K8WLF, for sending me the link.




Don N4KC

No comments: