Yes, this blog is about rapid technological change and its effect on society, media and my beloved hobby of amateur radio. I also maintain that those who cannot cope with quick change must be living in hell right about now. I suspect many of those folks just shut down and ignore as much of it as they can manage.
But how quickly are things changing? eMarketer is out with a report on how some select categories will change over the next year:
- Facebook users: 147 million, up 4%
- Twitter users: 36 million, up 14%
- Smartphone users: 138 million, up 19%
- Mobile Internet users: 144 million, up 18%
- Mobile video viewers: 23% of the population, up 20%
- Smartphone video viewers: 22% of the population (and more than half of smartphone users): up 22%
- Online movie viewers: 27% of the population, up 16%
- Online TV viewers: 35% of the population, up 13%
- Tablet users: 31% of the population, up 42%
I'd say anyone trying to resist that tide is subject to drowning!
Don Keith N4KC