Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Dashing through the snow..."


Prediction from one of the pundits I read:

This year, Christmas music on the radio will be at an all-time-high popularity level.

Reason: people are so depressed about the economy and the presidential race that they will seek solace in Johnny Mathis and the Harry Simeone Chorale like never before.

What do you think?

Truth is, I got so burned out on seasonal songs when I had to play them on the radio that I turn pale when I hear the first notes of "White Christmas." Still, I understand the logic here, and I think it is probably correct. Of course, I always felt that going "all-Xmas music all the time" was a lazy way to program a radio station. And when stations started switching before the last trick-or-treater had pummeled my doorbell, I gagged.

Or maybe it was all those little Snicker bars.


Don N4KC



1 comment:

Unknown said...

The story slips out of books and into the Santa Claus village, eight kilometres from this town in Finnish Lapland and just across the Arctic Circle, where Father Christmas resides with his elves around him tending to his mail, and to the many visitors. And also in Joulukka close by where elves with pointed noses, pretty red caps and flared skirts keep the magic alive."I come to India every single Christmas. I love your country," booms Santa himself in his den deep inside the Santa Claus village with a time machine slowly circling over his head - and photographers ready to catch the moment.
--------------
kimrennin

posting